Job Title: Aircraft Painter
- To strip, clean, and prep aircraft for exterior refinishing.
- To paint the exterior of the aircraft.
- Touch up detail paint work as required.
- Identify issues, recommend proper corrective action, and provide proper instructions on corrective procedures regarding quality of paint finishes.
- Complete all necessary paperwork as related to job function.
- Complete Cleaner responsibilities as and when required and inspect all levels at and below current level (e.g., Cleaners, level 2 as well as Painters, level 4).
- General aircraft preparation and aircraft cleaning as required.
- Clean, sand composite parts and high build., remove and reapply PRC.
- Metal prep, prime and base paint aircraft via chemical application on aircraft skin.
- Mask aircraft and components for stripping, and protect all surfaces where stripping is not required.
- Unmask after stripping and check for any damage.
- Ensure all surfaces are clean and free of dirt and contamination.
- Participate in and support the company’s SMS program.
- Perform other duties, as necessary or as assigned by the Supervisor.
Typical Job Decisions:
- Decide on application of paint and masking without supervision.
- Decide when work is complete based on task cards and QP’s.
- Decide on rectification of minor quality issues.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Sanding, Masking, Prepping for Spray Application.
- Ability to execute large industrial paint applications on a timely basis to the highest quality standard.
By the end of Probation, must have successfully completed:
- WHIMIS training.
- Human factors training.
- Adherence to housekeeping practices and tools/equipment maintenance procedures.
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience spray painting, body shop, factory painting.
- Aircraft or other painting experience.
- Sanding of fibreglass experience.
- Prepping, masking, custom work, or detailing experience.
- Physical Effort:
- Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Crouching, bending, kneeling
- Must be able to work from heights.
- Visual and Concentration Effort:
- Must be cognizant of situational awareness at all times with strong attention to detail.
- Frequent changes in priorities.
- Unpleasant, Hazardous, or Challenging Working Conditions:
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals, slippery floors, dust, adverse whether conditions and working in confined areas.
Come Work with us:
- If you love planes, you’re in the right place. Hundreds of commercial, business & start-up aircraft fly into the New United Goderich hangars every year. It’s evident why so many clients chose us as their aircraft care and refurbishment specialists. Let your career take flight with New United Goderich, spread your wings and find your next opportunity with us.
- New United Goderich Inc. is located in Huron Park, Ontario. Our facility is a reasonable commute north of London and south of Goderich for those seeking both urban and beach lifestyles.
Thank you to all applicants in advance, however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview
Interested? To Apply for this position, e-mail a resume to email@example.com