Job Title: Production Planner
Level: Entry Level
- To prepare and coordinate aircraft work order packages and provide support to Project Lead/Manager.
- Looking for someone who is willing to train, eager, and a quick learner.
- Create work orders for all maintenance, modification, and repair projects. Identify each component of project and identify steps as well as engineering, labour, production, and material requirements.
- Liaise with required departments to obtain estimates and quotes.
- Generate task/squawk cards, purchase and availability and other documents to give direction to all departments involved in project.
- Support Project Lead/Manager and monitor progress on project phases.
- Maintain Production Master Document (PMD) and reconcile all project task cards for quality control.
- Assist Project Lead/Manager in the coordination of the project, resolve issues, answer questions, and provide direction to ensure optimal flow of project.
- Prepare aircraft log entries and customer documentation for delivery.
- Participate in and support the company’s Safety Management program.
- Perform other duties, as necessary or as assigned by the Lead.
Typical Job Decisions:
- Decide on the acceptance and addition of task/squawk cards to existing work order.
- Decide on the priority for acquisition and shipping of parts and materials.
- Decide on items added to the project action list.
- Decide on the scheduling of tasks required to complete projects within established schedules.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Production Planning and Project Management is a plus
- Skills (Listed from most important)
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure no errors during data entry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English) to relay info and data to all levels in the company.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to be a strong team player to ensure smooth operations in the Planning and Production department.
- Advanced computer literacy (PC and Microsoft office applications).
- Ability to multitask and stay organized.
- Excellent organization, project management and time management skills. Ability to manage a large and variable workload, ensuring timely and accurate completion of assigned work.
- Ability to work under intense pressure in MRO (Maintenance and Repair Organization) environment.
- Ability to manage and control various man hour booking, cost, material, trend analysis, etc. reports, e.g., PMD, WIP daily for Project Managers.
- Extensive knowledge of monitoring work schedules and creating backup plans.
- Ability to recognize the sensitivity and confidentiality of the function and act appropriately.
- Ability to anticipate planning needs and provide production planning problem solutions.
- Post-Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Formal training in Planning and Project Management.
- Planning experience.
- Knowledge of ERP systems for planning. Advanced level Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Project, Word, PDF and report writing).
- General knowledge of aviation, or related experience in a technical workplace.
- Previous aircraft maintenance organization/MRO experience.
- Previous experience with Corridor aviation maintenance software.
- Physical Effort:
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Crouching, bending, kneeling.
- Visual and Concentration Effort:
- Must be cognizant of situational awareness at all times with strong attention to detail.
- Frequent changes in priorities.
- Unpleasant, Hazardous, or Challenging Working Conditions:
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals, slippery floors, dust, adverse weather conditions and working in confined areas.
Come Work with us:
- If you love planes, you’re in the right place. Hundreds of commercial, business & start-up aircraft fly into the New United Goderich hangars every year. It’s evident why so many clients chose us as their aircraft care and refurbishment specialists. Let your career take flight with New United Goderich, spread your wings and find your next opportunity with us.
- New United Goderich Inc. is located in Huron Park, Ontario. Our facility is a reasonable commute north of London and south of Goderich for those seeking both urban and beach lifestyles.
Thank you to all applicants in advance, however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview
Interested? To Apply for this position, e-mail a resume to email@example.com