Job Title: Cabinet Maker (Apprentice)
Date Open: June 3, 2021
Date Closed: June 18, 2021
- Working with Cabinet Makers, the Cabinet Maker Apprentice role will assist in building and refurbishing aircraft components and cabinets.
- We are looking for someone who is eager to learn with an interest in the aviation industry. This position will work closely with other Cabinet Makers to assist in production of cabinets for aircraft.
- Perform fabrication of cabinets, tables, trims, etc. using wood or composite materials.
- Learn to conduct function test, and disassemble cabinets as required for refurbishment.
- Ensure correct interpretation of drawings from working with a Cabinet Maker.
- Refurbish aircraft cabinets by stripping, cleaning, repairing and re-laminating/veneering.
- Assemble cabinets, tables, doors, etc. make adjustment to fit as required. Finished product meets all requirements as per detailed drawings.
- Fill out paperwork as required for each piece of cabinetry.
- Record work performed, and discrepancies in accordance with company procedures.
- Participate in and support the company’s SMS program.
- Perform other duties, as necessary or as assigned by the Supervisor.
Typical Job Decisions:
- Refer to Cabinet Makers to decide on correct assembly of cabinets in accordance with engineering drawings.
- Assist Cabinet Makers to decide on alternate methods and solutions during cabinet assembly.
- Decide on repairs needed to rework minor defects.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Wood working and Cabinet Making skills preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of composites/techniques.
- Ability to learn and take direction.
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Physical Effort:
- Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Crouching, bending, kneeling
- Must be able to work from heights.
- Visual and Concentration Effort:
- Must be cognizant of situational awareness at all times with strong attention to detail.
- Frequent changes in priorities.
- Unpleasant, Hazardous, or Challenging Working Conditions:
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals, slippery floors, dust, adverse whether conditions and working in confined areas.
Come Work with us:
- If you love planes, you’re in the right place. Hundreds of commercial, business & start-up aircraft fly into the New United Goderich hangars every year. It’s evident why so many clients chose us as their aircraft care and refurbishment specialists. Let your career take flight with New United Goderich, spread your wings and find your next opportunity with us.
- New United Goderich Inc. is located in Huron Park, Ontario. Our facility is a reasonable commute north of London and south of Goderich for those seeking both urban and beach lifestyles.
Interested? To Apply for this position, e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all applicants in advance, however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.