Job Title: AME-E
- To maintain aircraft to applicable airworthiness standards, to perform both minor and major repairs on the aircraft.
- This pertains to Avionics, Maintenance and Structures AME’s.
- Perform work and inspections in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations, regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, and industry standards.
- Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing maintenance, and repair or modification of aircraft and aircraft mechanical systems to ensure adherence to standards and procedures.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment that protects workers, customer aircraft and property, company facilities and equipment from injury and damage and meet SMS (Safety Management System) standards
- Perform heavy maintenance tasks without supervision.
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting of aircraft systems/structures.
- Certify that the installation, maintenance, repair and overhaul work meet performance and safety standards of Transport Canada and NUGI.
- Collaborate with project team members.
- Ensure assigned work is completed in an effective, efficient, and safe manner and that persons under their charge use applicable personal safety devices and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate measures are taken to protect customer aircraft against damage by the application of protective materials and equipment is in place prior to the start of work.
- Reporting of accidents, injuries, potential hazards or dangerous occurrences to management and co-operate fully in any investigation.
- Lead by example providing a positive role model for others to follow.
- Participate in and support the company’s SMS program.
- Identify solutions to challenges.
- Model the Code of Conduct, i.e., set an example through observable behaviour.
- Perform other duties, as necessary.
Typical Job Decisions:
- Decide on airworthiness discrepancies.
- Decide on the performance and certification of work.
- Decide on troubleshooting required to rectify aircraft discrepancies.
- Decide on the correct selection of parts and materials, tooling, technical data, personal safety equipment and standards required to complete the task.
- Decide the work assigned is within the scope of knowledge and expertise.
- Project quotes
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Mechanical / Engineering knowledge of aircraft systems.
- Clear understanding of Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARS)
- Reading technical drawings
- Ability to work with aerospace test equipment and tooling.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Intermediate level computer literacy and experience
- Leadership and Teamwork skills.
- Graduate of a TCCA approved training organization (ATO) course.
- 2 years’ experience as a licensed AME or equivalent in area of expertise (Avionics, Maintenance, Structures). AME-E License required.
- 5 years’ experience with 2 years’ current experience in area of expertise.
- CARs (Canadian Aviation Regulations) training.
Effort and Working Conditions:
- Physical Effort:
- Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Crouching, bending, kneeling
- Must be able to work from heights.
- Visual and Concentration Effort:
- Must be cognizant of situational awareness at all times with strong attention to detail.
- Frequent changes in priorities.
- Unpleasant, Hazardous, or Challenging Working Conditions:
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals, slippery floors, dust, adverse whether conditions and working in confined areas.
Come Work with us:
- If you love planes, you’re in the right place. Hundreds of commercial, business & start-up aircraft fly into the New United Goderich hangars every year. It’s evident why so many clients chose us as their aircraft care and refurbishment specialists. Let your career take flight with New United Goderich, spread your wings and find your next opportunity with us.
- New United Goderich Inc. is located in Huron Park, Ontario. Our facility is a reasonable commute north of London and south of Goderich for those seeking both urban and beach lifestyles.
Interested? To Apply for this position, e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org