Job Title: Aircraft Upholsterer
Date Open: June 3, 2021
Date Closed: June 18, 2021
Positions: Hiring for an experienced Upholsterer and an Upholsterer Apprentice
- To apply upholstery finishes to seats and interior panels for aircraft.
- We are looking for an experienced upholsterer and are also accepting applications for an upholsterer apprentice.
- Disassemble and reassemble panels and seats.
- Strip and clean components and aircraft panels.
- Make patterns, cutting material from patterns. Prepare panels for covering.
- Sew and surge materials.
- Fabricate foam build-ups and wrapping panels.
- Complete all necessary paperwork as related to job functions.
- Organize and keep a clean work environment in the interior shop and related work areas.
- Record work performed and discrepancies in accordance with company procedures.
- Participate in and support the company’s SMS program.
- Perform other duties, as necessary or as assigned by the Supervisor.
Typical Job Decisions:
- Decide on the application of correct panel finishes.
- Decide on correct assembly of seats based on engineering drawings.
- Decide that materials selected satisfy bill of material requirements.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of sewing machines and sewing skills.
- Ability to use hand-tools, good hand-eye coordination.
- Good attention to detail, ability to perform precision work.
- Secondary School Diploma.
- 3+ years in Aircraft Upholstery preferred.
- Physical Effort:
- Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Crouching, bending, kneeling
- Must be able to work from heights.
- Visual and Concentration Effort:
- Must be cognizant of situational awareness at all times with strong attention to detail.
- Frequent changes in priorities.
- Unpleasant, Hazardous, or Challenging Working Conditions:
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals, slippery floors, dust, adverse weather conditions and working in confined areas.
Come Work with us:
- If you love planes, you’re in the right place. Hundreds of commercial, business & start-up aircraft fly into the New United Goderich hangars every year. It’s evident why so many clients chose us as their aircraft care and refurbishment specialists. Let your career take flight with New United Goderich, spread your wings and find your next opportunity with us.
- New United Goderich Inc. is located in Huron Park, Ontario. Our facility is a reasonable commute north of London and south of Goderich for those seeking both urban and beach lifestyles.
Interested? To Apply for this position, e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org